Today me and Pao planned to go to the Liberty House but when we got there, it was closed. It turns out it is always closed on Mondays.
I woke up early in the morning, as Pao was going to start her university classes around 11AM. We planned to go to the Liberty House before her lesson. In any case, I waited in Joy Ride for her to finish.
When she got back around 1PM, we went to SAS (the local supermarket) to buy some ingredients for the scones. We got some cream, butter and flour. Ingredients for things such as cakes are incredibly cheap to buy in Bolivia; these costing around 20 Bolivianos (£1.84).
 |
| Our beautiful scones!! |
We started making the cakes late in the afternoon. I have never made scones before, so I was not sure how it was going to turn out. The scones looked pretty good before we put them in the small oven that we had. The problem with the oven is that it is really small, and it has no temperature gauge to indicate what the temperature of the oven is.
 |
| Our delicious lemon cake!! |
The recipe we used said the scones had to be heated to 200 degrees Celsius, however the oven does not display the temperature like I said. Even though the scones were in the over for 50 minutes more than they should have been, they were not even turning golden. This may have been because the oven was not deigned to heat that much.
 |
| Me with the delicious cake!! |
As a result of the scones turning out so bad, we decided to make a lemon drizzle cake. We actually made this one with different ingredients, as we did not have all the usual ones. The changed ingredients: normal sugar for caster sugar, baking powder and plain flour for self-raising flour, salted butter for unsalted butter. It turned out fantastic!!!! I was surprised to find the cake was really delicious!!! Everyone in the family loved it!!!
Weather
Warm around 20 degrees during the day
Cool around 5 degrees at night
No comments:
Post a Comment