Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Flight Back Home!!

     Today was my last day of my 4 and half months of travelling around the world. It has been an incredible experience; I have seen some amazing sights, meet so many awesome people, and done some out-of-this-world things.
 
      I have lack of words to think of on how to describe the experiences I have had it has been that good!!! I will make two videos, one of Asia, the other of the Americans. I have done most of the video for Asia, it just needs some more tweaking, and I have yet to start on the other one. I will also upload all my photos to Facebook once I have got a chance.

      In any case, I had to wake up early in the morning as my flight was in the afternoon at 4:15PM. I woke up around 10:30 AM, and after getting washed and dressed, I went to the local supermarket to pay 38Rs (£12.06) which I owed the hostel. However, my bank card was not working so I ran back to the hostel and called them up via Skype. Thankfully it worked after I reset my card!! I went back to the supermarket, and took out 60Rs (£19.04) and bought a drink and some crisps for the journey.

     Once I got back to my hostel, I paid the 38Rs which I owed the hostel. I had packed all my luggage beforehand, so I was ready to leave. I walked to Faria Lima, and after paying the 3Rs (91p) I took the metro to Republica and changed to lines to go to Tatuape. From there, I paid 4.70Rs (£1.40) to get on the airport bus which took around one hour to arrive at the International Terminals 1 & 2.

     I had just over two hours before my flight was due to leave, so I checked in straight away, and after finishing the rest of my drink I went through security. About 90 minutes later I was on the British Airways flight, and on my back to England!!!

     It was a long flight, taking around 10 hours to reach London Heathrow. I watched Dark Night and Wrath of Titans on the touchscreen on the seat infront of me. You can choose from many forms of entertainment, such as music, T.V. and movies. I feel asleep for a few hours, but I did not feel tired enough to sleep for long. It can be hard to sleep on planes, especially if you are not tired enough.

     We landed at Heathrow 20 minutes earlier because we had good tail wind. However, there was a queue so we had to wait 10 minutes or so. Once we had landed, the jetty was not working so we had to wait for stairs to arrive!!! I would never have thought in England they would use stairs!!! Anyways, I was through immigration very quickly. My uncle and my mum were waiting for me in arrivals, and after greeting them,  it was a nice feeling to be back home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment